The work of the Arab Land Initiative focuses on five key thematic areas emerged as key priorities for the Arab Land Initiative’s stakeholders:
- Women’s land rights for human rights, empowerment, economic growth, peace. Including advocacy, information sharing, knowledge production, support to grassroots and women’s groups, and increasing women empowerment and participation.
- Land for food security and climate action, including land degradation neutrality, land restoration, biodiversity conservation, smallholder farmers’ rights, ecosystem services, food systems and agroecological transformation, with partners.
- Land and conflict and Housing, Land and Property rights of displaced people for peace, stability and prevention of further conflict and migration.
- Land for housing and sustainable urbanisation
- Fit-for-purpose land administration, including land registration and recordation, land administration reforms, digitalization, land-based financing, for increased inclusion, efficiency, unlocking investments and infrastructure, and evidence-based decision making.
- Monitoring land governance with key partners.